Non Levy Employer Funding
We are delighted to announce that we have received over £500,000 in funding for NON LEVY paying employers who are looking to up-skill their staff onto apprenticeships.
From January 2018, employers who are not required to pay the Apprenticeship Levy (those who have a pay bill of less than £3m) can get substantial co-funding from the government for training and assessment of apprentices, up to the maximum funding level for each apprenticeship. There is additional funding for small employers with fewer than 50 employees, as well as potential extra support, depending on apprentices’ circumstances.
Apprenticeships are a cost-effective way to make sure that new and existing employees have the skills they need to support and grow the business.
Apprentices bring a fresh perspective and up-to-date knowledge and skills, increasing productivity and improving quality. They also help to attract and retain good quality staff.
- 76% of employers say that productivity has improved.
- Apprenticeships boost productivity to businesses by on average £214 per week.
- 75% of employers reported that apprenticeships improved the quality of their product or service.
- After finishing, the majority of apprentices (90%) stay in employment (including 2% self-employed), with seven in ten (71%) staying with the same employer. *
* Data taken from the DfE Apprenticeship Core Brief – November 2016