Advanced Learner Loans
Are you aged 19 or over?
If you are aged 19 or over and want to study a Level 3 vocational qualification then you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help cover the cost of the course.
The Advanced Learner Loan is a government funded loan to help learners. It’s easy to apply for, doesn’t take your household income into account and doesn’t involve a credit check.
Here are some key facts about the loan:
- You do not pay any course fees upfront
- The amount of money you can borrow depends on your course. The minimum amount you can borrow is £300.
- Repayments are linked to what you earn not how much you borrowed.
- You will only have to start making repayments the April after you have completed your course and are earning over £21,000 a year. Until then you don’t need to pay back anything!
- If your income drops below £21,000 the loan repayments stop.
- Each month you pay back 9% of any income over £21,000. For example, if you earn £22,000 a year, your monthly repayment will be £7 a month.
- You can make voluntary repayments at any time.
Here at TQ we offer the following courses that are eligible for the loan:
- Business and Administration
- Customer Service
- Health & Social Care
Please refer to the link below for further information about the loans and how to apply or simply get in touch.
Tel: 01788 892058